Friday, June 22, 2007

Day of travel hell!

So Tuesday night I took a bus to Sao Paulo, which took about six hours,putting me there aroound 1.

Then waited in the bus station until 2am, to catch the bus to the airport. Made it to the airport and waited for Taca to open up. I end up meeting some cool Americans who are on my flight. We wait......waiting. They open up check in and tell us because of the weather, they are not checking in people with connecting flights. Uh oh, that´s us. SO we wait some more......yep still waiting. It´s almost 5, and our flight leaves in an hour. Finally they check us in. Go through customs and immigration and we wait some more.


It´s after six and we still haven´t boarded, they say around 7 we will, ummm, now it´s eight. Ummmm, our whole plane misses connecting flights, and they puts us all on different flights. So instead of getting in at 1, I am getting to San Jose at 5, okay. Ummm, we don´t leave until like 10, miss the other connecting flight. We start to board, I hand them my boarding pass and ¨where is your ticket¨, my what, tickets, isn´t that it, nope, you need your ticket to get on the flight. So now everyone has boarded. You see I have a paper ticket. THey fold up the leg of your ticket and put it with your boarding pass. Well apparently you need that to get on. The almost weren´t going to let me on, in fact I almost broke down right there. But it all worked out and now I am in Costa Rica!

No comments: