Monday, January 3, 2011

A great vacation home to California.....


This last week I got to go home for the holidays which was extremely great. It was a full week off of work and away from hotel living. I actually flew out on Saturday (Christmas day) and luckily had no issues, making it on time for family fun. It was a nice Christmas and good to be home and around family. I've only been gone for four months, but I think this was the time I needed to enjoy being with friends and family. Did a ton of eating and drinking with the family, then headed back to Woodland.
Sunday was a relaxing morning, just hanging out. I did make a mascarpone cheesecake with Dulce de Leche sauce for Kevin and his parents and it was amazing. I am on a role with this cheesecake stuff. I think I will become a baking fool when I get back to the ATL. Headed over to Kevin's later in the afternoon, where we just hung until his parents arrived. It was really nice to meet his parents and we had a good time, playing cards, which I won (beginner's luck according to Kevin). It was a nice evening and I was super happy to see the Kevster. We went to breakfast the next morning with his parents as they headed out of town and then I headed back to Woodpile to hang out with my momma. Off to my favorite Thai food with Kevin and my Mom. It is by far my favorite Thai food and super cheap. After that is was off to the yarn store, mom was making me a cream colored hat. Then back to woodpile for some yummy turkey soup and a little movie night in.
Tuesday, was Kevin's bday and we decided to take the train in to San Francisco and stay the night. We headed into the city, bottle of wine in hand and a good amount of conversation. Kevin had made reservations at this French seafood place, called Plouf. It was amazing, possibly the third best meal I've ever had. We had so much amazing food, first starting off with the Butternut Squash Soup, mussels, and I had dungeness crab and Kevin had some pork dish. We also had some amazing creme brulee. Soooo good. Thanks Kevin, or I should say "your welcome!"
We had a great night in the city and headed back to Sac for a nice relaxing day, then off to meet mom and Aunt Diann for some shopping and dinner. It's always nice hanging out with them. We all get along very well. I love my family.
Thursday again was a mellow day, Kevin and I actually got stuff done, then were off to meet my posse to hang out. Again a fairly good night and it was great to see all my friends. I've discovered that this is a problem when I don't live there anymore. I have some great friends, but didn't get a chance to see them all this trip. Hopefully next time, I can squeeze in some more friends visits.
Friday was a little rough, but some how we managed to rally and head down to Galt for NYE. Thanks Zach and Danielle for picking us up and Greta for driving us home. You're the best!!!!!
Saturday was pretty worthless and we didn't get out of bed until super late (Kevin is a bit lazy)!! :).
However, we did make dinner and go see a movie with some of his friends. Sunday was a sad day. I was leaving a town I love, people who are great and a guy I met at the wrong time. We did have a good time and am glad we got to hang out. Life is so funny that way. I guess with it being the new year, I had a lot to reflect on for 2010. This was actually a pretty amazing year for me. I graduated finally! I got a job and i met a boy, who for the record is pretty awesome. Are you sure you don't want to move to the ATL???? I can only hope that 2011 will be as good, but as Kevin pointed out, I will be living in three different cities in a year. Currently in New York, headed back to Atlanta in March, then off the giant sandbox. Ahh, glad to be in a job I love and working with some amazing people, but I miss my family and friends back home.

No comments: