Wednesday, May 30, 2007

More waterfalls and rainbows, but this time in Brazil



29 May 2007


Yesterday morning I got up a bit on the late side, had some breakfast and was planning on visiting the Brazilian side before I headed to Paraguay. I met a great Aussie, David, and we headed to see the falls. From Foz do Iguacu, it is a 30 minute bus ride to the falls, where it cost 20 reias, which is about 10 dollars. You then take a bus to where you can walk and see these panaoramic views and then finally dumps you into the Devils Throat or Garganta do Diablo. Which is again a fall that you can almost be directly in the middle of. It has water pouring out of three different falls and again this is where we couldn't go on the speed boat due to the river being too high.


So now that I've showed and told you about the falls from the Argentinian side, I'll tell you about the Brazilian side. Unlike the Argentina side, the Brazilian side offers panaormic views of the falls. Most guides say that you should see the Brazilian side first and then go see the other side. Opps, once again I am following my own tune. People have asked me which side I liked best and really both are amazing. The Brazilian side is overwhelming because you get to see the vastnest of the falls. You walk to one area and are in awe, and can't believe that there is anything better then this, but then you walk around the coroner and it is just as fantastic.




Unfortunatly I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time on the Brazilian side because I had to catch a bus (which I missed) to go to Asuncion, to see my brother. So I didn't get to experience the rainforest on this side, but I heard great things about it.




Because I missed my bus I had a few hours to just walk around in Foz Do Iguacu, which is decent size city and has some good shops to walk around it. I do have to say the hostel in which I stayed Hostel Bambu was great. The people working there were super nice and helpful. So if anyone is heading to Foz, they should stay here.
I made it to my bus for Paraguay and had to cross both the Brazilian border, where the bus stops, you run off to go get your passport stamped and hurry to get back on the bus, so it doesn't leave you. Then you stop on the Paraguay side and do the same thing. I know have three stamps from Brazil, one for when I flew in, one when I went to the Argentinian side (twice) and one for leaving. I also have a bunch from Argentina.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Lisa, stay outta the water, I hear there are pirahnas!!! Hope your having fun.