Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's about the journey, not the destination......



I've had quite an adventurous couple of weeks......

First, six of us went white water rafting on the Ocoee River in Tennessee. It was a blast. This is where the Olympic white water course is located for the 96 Olympics and it's pretty awesome. We went on a full day trip on Class 4 rapids.

The following weekend I got to head back to California, to enjoy it one last time before I head across the ocean. I flew in on Thursday night, in order to enjoy Concert in the Park on Friday night. I met up with Amy at Dive Bar before we headed over to grab a beer and catch some live music. It was great to hang with Amers and enjoy some quality one on one. After the park we headed back to her house for a good ole fashioned neighborhood party, a pre-4th celebration. It was fun and I got to meet her neighbors. Saturday morning was an early one, in order for Amy and Jonathon to build there pergola. That evening we picked up Mikey from the airport, flying in from Bulgaria.

Sunday was a fun filled day with Danielle, Zack, my mom and brother. We headed up to Amador for some wine tasting. It was great, though hot and a bit tiring, but otherwise good. We tried some new wineries that I hadn't been to before.

Monday was the 4th and was for family and friends. Went over to my aunt Diann's house for a little bbq (cookout) and pool action. All my cousins were there, along with their significant others. It was great, we played games, tried to drown each other in the pool and just enjoy each others company. After dinner I went and hung out with Greta and Beth. It was good to see them and catch up. It's amazing how much I can miss in such a short period of time and I miss all my family and friends.

Tuesday was awesome, cause I got to go hiking with Kristy Wilson. We went up to Horse Tail Falls, which is a great hike and got a good workout in.

Wednesday was a mellow day. BJ and John Michel came out to Woodland to meet me for lunch, which was awesome! Then later got to hang out with Kevin on Wednesday night, as well as Maya and Steve. Again it was good to catch up with all these people.

Thursday I flew down to San Diego to visit my brother, sis-in-law, niece and nephews. Man, do those kids grow fast and I miss them terribly! It was a great visit and I got to spend a lot of time with them as well as at the beach/pool. I was sad to leave and am glad I get to see them in another month.

Monday night was a girls night and had the best time. These are the times I miss the most.

I am so lucky to have such amazing family and friends, that go out of their way to see me when I am home. It makes me miss California and have a feeling I will going back there at some point. Thanks again for everyone for driving me, picking me up, meeting up with me and everything else. You guys are the best!

No comments: