Sunday, June 19, 2011

Visit with family......




This weekend my dad and step-mom came to visit.....

The arrived on Friday and stayed at a hotel two blocks from my apartment. We went to a nice dinner and had an early night. Saturday we headed to the Georgia Aquarium, one of the largest aquarium's in the world. It was pretty awesome. There are a ton of exhibits and a plethora of marine life. First the giant manta-rays, these things were huge and can weigh up to 6000 lbs! Crazy.....and then there are the sharks....I love sharks...whale sharks, sand sharks.....jelly fish, beluga whales and much more....
After the aquarium, we headed over to centennial park to walk around. It was great, cause I got to be a tourist in the city I live in.
I had made dinner reservations at this place by my house that I've always wanted to try, Murphy's. It was great, they actually have a wine shop connected to it and know that some people I know would love it.
Dinner was great and Jim bought us a bottle of wine which was really nice. Of course all i did was eat this weekend!!!
It was a great visit and am glad they came down, of course being around family always makes me a little melancholy....

No comments: